11 May 2009

Post weekend depression

Another weekend extravaganza has come and gone. Now it's Monday, back to the monotony of my weekdays. Hangin' around, drinking coffee and eating breakfast (cobbler bread- good, but not as good as I wanted it to be), wasting time on the computer, listening to Neil Diamond...hey wait, my weekdays aren't too shabby either. 
This weekend we went to Cowboy Town (Bandera, TX) and of course it was fantastic. I put some pictures on the flickr thing but the camera batteries were dead for some of the best parts of the trip. This picture is one I stole from the internets of Arkey Blue's Silver Dollar. It doesn't begin to convey the beauty of this place. They had a Dolly Parton pinball machine!!!! Note to self: always always have extra batteries!! Yes, I did some dancin', even though it's hard for me because the girl has to go backwards. Plus I don't have boots. I think the boots make you dance better. Pretty soon it's my birthday...
On the way to cowboy town we saw a sign that said "Cajun Fest". For those of you who don't know and love RG, that would be like me seeing a sign that said "Yarn Documentary" or "Miniature Potatoes". We had no choice but to stop. I don't know much about the Cajuns, but what I've learned so far is they like delicious food, drinking, and dancing. I think we could get along just fine. 
Being in the car for a while gave me a chance to make a little progress on the owl sweater. Should be done before the week in December when it will be cold enough to need a wool sweater. 
I got a new phone. I've already wasted too much time just trying to figure out how to move my address book (luckily there's a teenager in the house) and someday I'll learn to use the camera. The preset wallpaper is the Blue Angels (?) which is kind of great in the stupidest way. I might leave it. 
Speaking of leaving, I do actually have a job, so I guess I should get ready to go. Have a super week, y'all!!!

No comments: