01 March 2010

Ferreted out

I've done a lot of embarrassing things in my day, but the most recent was losing this movie from netflix. I guess it's remarkable that this is the first netflick I've lost, but the most embarrassing part is I didn't even watch it! Even though I'm usually anti-rodentlike animals, I have to admit this guy is pretty cute:On the plus side, if this disc ever appears, I can watch it as many times as I want. Forever.
So, the first few weeks of February were crazy busy. For real! Moving, Super Bowl, a Valentine's Day trip to San Antonio, the tiny apartment warming party, a blizzard! Sadly, my camera was in someone else's apartment for some of these events, but I put what I have on the flickr. (fyi-I upgraded to a pro flickr, so the lost easter party pics are back up in case you missed them)
This is a pretty leecentric blog, so I thought I'd give H.C. a turn. Here he is hanging out on the revamped garbage futon. By "revamped" I mean it has a new cover (sheet) and throw pillows. Fancy! Lee is my extra special cat love, but good old Hube is awfully cute too.
I'm an auntie! Here is my sister Amy's new baby, Ricochet. He looks like the kind of dog who would enjoy a knitted sweater, doesn't he? Especially since we're in a torturous never ending winter here in central TX. It's March y'all! Where's my blistering heat?
I've decided to fulfill my dream of being a yarncraft badass (mastering knitting AND crocheting). I've always had disdain for crochet, but at the same time love for amigurumi, the Japanese art of crocheting little animals and stuff. So here goes, crochet away!
Everyone says crochet is easier than knitting, but I disagree. Knitting is balanced with two needles and crochet is awkward with the hook thingy and the holding the project in your hand. But my love of cute Japanese stuff has overcome my hate of crochet. I made this little guy:
He's kind of hole-y because the yarn I used was too thin for the hook, but it helped me see what I was doing better. He's supposed to look more like this, which is how I hope the blue one I'm working on will turn out. Oh yeah, did you see my Valentine's Day present in the crochet picture? Here's the inside. It's says JS YJS Super Bowl XLIII. It is the cutest sweetest thing ever.
In entertainment news (using the term "new" loosely), I bought a record! I like it, although it definitely does not rock. And the cover reminds me a lot of this. And then I heard one of the songs from it on Grey's. Hmmm. We saw Shutter Island. It was ok, but I found the ending to be a touch exasperating. Worth a matinee though. If you've got some free time.
Speaking of free time, mine is quickly running out so I'd better motor. Later y'all (probably much later)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hubert is quite the handsome cat, and Ricochet definitely looks like he needs a sweater. What about the cupcake mittens? Did you get to wear them in the snow?