08 February 2011

C & D at The Movies

Lee is looking at me with disdain because I'm watching Toy Story 3. He can't understand why I'm suddenly obsessed with seeing all of the best pic nominees this year. "You didn't see Avatar or The Blind Side last year and everything was ok," he says. I know LeeChat, you're right, but now I'm at the point of no return. Last night I went to see The King's Speech with my sis as her Birthday Week Launch Event. It kicked the Facebook movie's ass, and knocked my previous pick, True Grit, into the crick. It is fantastic. (The real star of the movie? The wallpaper!!) And yet, I'm sitting through Toy Story three, y'all. If only I could channel these obsessive behaviors into something productive...Anyway, I will say that the TS3 portrayal of daycare is spot on. Otherwise, kind of a waste of time I could have spent watching Meerkat Manor. I mean reading.
So now there's just "the stupid lesbian movie" to go. Maybe it won't be stupid, but I have a feeling. At least Mark Ruffalo is in it. He's dreamy.

No comments: