21 September 2010

Knittin'and partyin'

So yes it is almost one in the afternoon and I haven't taken a shower yet, but I thought I would take a minute (well, an hour if you count the flickr uploading, but I digress...) to update y'all on my goings-on and show you my hat:
It's just like the one I made for Amy. It's a teensy bit too big but I like it anyway. I'm sure I'll be wearing it soon since last night it dipped way down into the mid 70's. (Happy first day of fall y'all!!)
That's the "knittin'" news, on to the "partyin": On Sept. 11 the North Texas Division of our family threw us a lovely wedding shower in Denton. It was the "real"-est party that has ever been thrown for me and it was super fun even though we had to open presents in front of people (there was a margarita machine for that).
Last Sunday the Howells had a Second Week of Football party (long story/inside joke) and again-margarita machine! I'm sensing a trend...
Sadly, I didn't take any of my own pictures at the shower (left the camera at the motel, stupid! stupid!) and my mom's camera was acting a little wacky, so I just have a few pictures right now. John's cousin Leah was the official photographer so I'm hoping she got some better ones. I put what I do have on the flickr, along with a few football shots.
Uh oh, Jerry's telling me his final thought...gotta go!

No comments: