31 August 2010

(jennifer) Anne of Green (apartment complex)

Look! We got our first present. Owl salt and pepper shakers. (Thanks Michael!) Cute. Careful observers will notice that they're sitting on my Anne of Green Gables book. My dear friend Rachel (of paper doll fame) has decided to throw an A of GG tea/miniseries watching party, which has inspired me to read the book (again). We won't talk about how this party is scheduled during my "work" hours (depths of despair!) but I'm enjoying the book very much. I was able to read a good chunk of it yesterday when I had to go to the tire store (poor little Sentra was getting wobbly) and redirect a portion of my rent money to three (!) new tires. Yuck.
Maybe an easy, pleasurable book from my childhood will finally restart my interest in reading. I was trying very hard to read that dragon tattoo book, but to no avail. Snooze! Luckily the Starks shared my opinion and reminded me that massively popular bestsellers are not my bag. I'm counting on you, Anne! "The most beloved, beguiling and timeless heroine in all of fiction."


1 comment:

Unfurled said...

I LOVE THESE. And the idea that you get salt from an owls head.