11 December 2009

Running to Stand Still

Since 2005, I haven't done much reading. Yes, this summer I did read that "giant-ass book" but it was definitely more chore than pleasure. So on the recommendation of one of my many imaginary friends, I decided to read some easy pop-junk. The Stand! I loved me some Stephen King in high school, but I don't think I ever read this one. And hey, even if I did you know I forgot it all. I'm only on page 29 and already there's been this sentence- "the man on the floor grunted, and then began to cough, racking chainlike explosions that sent heavy mucus spraying from his mouth in long and ropy splatters." That's what I'm talkin' about. 
Guess I was wrong about winter being over. It's COLD again (43!!!) so I might get to wear the hoodie thing (now with hood!) but I have to pick up 258 stitches around the edge for the place where the buttons go. 258! yuck. I know this means nothing to all y'all non-knitters, but picking up stitches is my least favorite knitting task. I should never make something that requires picking up stitches but sometimes I don't think things through.  
Speaking of thinking, I bet you're wondering about the fate of the Duplexicons! Sorry I forgot to mention it last week, but we "won" 3rd place. This week? 3rd! Again! If you scroll all the way down through the pictures you can see me eating a tasty burger, a new addition to the Mr. Tramp's menu. GOOD. If you're in the Ohlen Rd. area, you should check it out. Uh oh, yawning cat. I think we're done here. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your [url=http://www.pascherlongchampsac.eu/sac-longchamp-pliage-statue-de-l-c-16.html]Sac Longchamp Pliage Statue[/url] weblog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. Jeremy Scott Pour Longchamp [url=http://www.pascherlongchampsac.eu/sac-%C3%A0-dos-longchamp-c-2.html]Sac à Dos Longchamp[/url] , I??ll certainly comeback.