24 November 2009

Mr. Golden Sun

I LOVE having to wear sunglasses to go out in November! God Bless Texas, y'all! Today I didn't have to "work" but instead of staying home and getting ready to leave for Denton tomorrow, I went to a ladies' lunch and shopping. It might be nice and sunny outside but it is definitely the holiday season because these things happened: I heard "Wonderful Christmastime" and I bought (another) performance fleece scarf. I know-I can only wear scarves for a few days, and I already have plenty. But come on, they're three dollars. Here it is and yes, that is my Texas Christmas ornament from last year still hanging on the doorknob.
When Kaitlin gets home from school, we're headed out to see Precious. Oprah presents a movie about a troubled black teen. My inner 16 year-old is very excited. And I'm excited that my actual 16 year-old wants to go with me. 
Hope y'all have a great turkey day. We're off to spend a few days with the Starks. Hopefully I'll remember to take some pictures this time. 
Special Thanksgiving Love to my Mommy! I am very thankful for you and I'm thinking about you all the time. 

No comments: