17 November 2009

Master of Puppets

Hey y'all, sorry I made you wait so long for the trivia report. Sadly,the Duplexicons made no progress, maintaining a 4th place finish for the second week in a row. But the team captain (me!) won a free beer for knowing the name of Big Bird's teddy bear. I knew watching a ton of TV as a kid would pay off someday. 
Against my better judgement I made a giant pancake for breakfast today. I'm sure I will regret it sooner rather than later.
How was your weekend? Mine was average: a party, some football. My Bengals (yes, I like the Bengals now, because of their pants) did a great job while someone else's Cowboys tanked. Guess I shouldn't get too smug because while I was watching the Boys' debacle, I completely screwed up my knitting project and had to start all over. 
Look, y'all! I didn't just get mail, I got ROYAL mail! Brilliant! It was my Ysolda book that I pre-ordered quite a while ago. There's even a little note from Ysolda herself: (it says "knit some whimsy")
And once again flying in the face of good judgement and restraint, I bought some yarn to (gulp) re-do the "shower cap mishap". I ended up trying to give it to Adriane, but she rejected it so I think I will undo it (in knitknerd speak, it's called "frogging") and use the yarn for something else. It's 5% cashmere, after all. 
But look at this! If you cared about this stuff, you would want it too. It's beauty-full and it comes from right here in TX! No wonder I never have any money. 
Time for a C & D entertainment minute, wherein I recommend entertainments only I would love! The other day I broke down and watched Away We Go. I know, it got bad reviews and I was prepared to be disappointed, but why did I doubt Dave for a second? Of course it was a little clunky and self-consciously-not-trying-to-be-sentimental-but-actually-syrupy-sweet and of course I loved it. A+. Pick #2: During the pancake eating portion of my day I watched part of disc one of Important Things with another I.B.-Demetri Martin. I'm sure this show won't be on TV very long, but it is adorable. Speaking of adorable, Lee Chat is cute even when he's bored of watching me waste half the day on this computer...

No comments: