04 November 2007

resin d'etre



Hey Y'ALL, I've got a new craftastic passion: resin casting. If you know me at all you know I LOVE things embedded in resin. It gives me that feeling without words. And now, I can give myself that feeling whenever I want thanks to my new hobby. Why has it taken me so long to do this? I guess I thought it was harder than it is. Or could be that pervasive laziness I'm so prone to. Anyway, I shouldn't get too excited, because I just poured the stuff into the molds this afternoon and it takes 24-72 hours to cure. It might not work. But if it does, this is all I want to do with my time. Everything I can get my hands on will be trapped in a plasticy grave. I even did an obligatory bottle cap. Yes, those are real candy sprinkles (clapping hands)!!
Thanks go out to s.j.c. for buying me this book to get started. Also to the chick on etsy.com that I borrowed the sprinkle idea from. And as always to the Howell family for providing me with my disposable income. Lucky fans may receive something trapped in plastic for Christmas this year!!
In other haven't-posted-for-weeks (again) news: Hmmm, Halloween was a bust, I went to bed early. Yucky week in general. Nothing fun going on, no good movies, no new food discoveries or anything. I did finish the sweater completely, but so far it's been too hot to wear it. There's a "cold front" moving in for Tuesday with temps in the 60's, so maybe I'll wear it out that night. Better find somewhere to go I guess.
Well, I'm off to the store to get the things I forgot to get yesterday...Then it's another Sunday evening visit with my beautiful angel princess. Later! p.s. why don't you email me sometime?

1 comment:

RobinC said...

Hey have you made resin jewelry? I want a birthday present.