30 September 2009

JEN In Touch With You Sporadically



Ok, ok, I give up. I tried to be all cool and have a wordpress blog because this one is so so annoying to use, but I couldn't even manage to make the photo upload thing work. Stupid! Stupid! So I'm back on the blogger. Don't worry, Tumblr fans, I'm still putting stuff over there. Like this!
I've been busy this morning learning about pork and the way it touches me. (Gross!) I picked up this informative pamphlet at the TEXAS STATE FAIR Y'ALL! I trust you've already seen the pictures, so you know it was the best weekend ever (to date). I've waited all my four texan years to go to the fair and it was everything (and more) that I'd hoped it would be. Fried stuff, sparkly lights, livestock, crafts...magical. And, to make it even more super fantastic, opening day just happened to be the birthday of the greatest man of all time. Perfect. More gushing about how my weekend was so much better than yours: After the fair, we went to visit the Starks in Denton. Home videos from the 80's were watched. I love the Starks, and I'm not just saying that because I know Mom Stark is reading this. It was a wonderful visit, and I even got a little present- tiny working scissors (clapping) and a cool plastic ring for my collection. 
Sunday we went to a Rangers game (sorry, Erick) and while my love for baseball is minimal, it was a beautiful day and the hotdogs were yummy.




So now I'm back to my workaday life, which let's face it involves very little work. Yesterday I bought some buttons for this sweater that I'm working on. I like them because they look like smashed up play doh, but I don't like them because they looked like smashed up play doh. We'll see. Yes, I have about 1000 buttons already, but I needed five of the same kind. 
Check it! I actually finished the owl sweater. Maybe I'll take a picture of myself on the one day in December when I'll wear it. I think I'm opting to do it without the button eyes, mostly because I'm too lazy to sew them on. 
I've become a little knitting obsessed lately, since I finished that giant ass book. No, it wasn't worth my time. Not that any of y'all would be rushing out to read it anyway. Besides, everyone knows that everything you need to know can be learned from a three and a half minute country song.
Look at this cool bag my mom sent. I love it so much I even called her to say thank you! Thanks mom! 
Yes, this is queso in the cup holder of my car, and yes my car is filthy (y'all know me!). I bet y'all in the NW don't have queso in the cup holders of your car. I heart Texas.

No comments: